Thursday 31 May 2012

Terrific twine!!


Happy June 1st to you all!
Ok I have a scrappers confession for you all...... I love to buy different coloured bakers twine but I very rarely use it. Do you do the same with twine? Or maybe you like to collect another scrappy product but not use it : )

This scrappy confession prompted my monthly challenge over at Scrapbooking top 50.
So I decided to set a challenge to use up a bit of my twine and to motivate others to do the same.
As twine really is very versatile and can be used in so many ways.

I'd love for you to pop on over and give my challenge a go. There is a wonderful prize- goodies from D-lish scraps.
Make sure to check out Ant's sketch challenge, using an exclusive page drafts sketch and Vicki's grunge style challenge.

Now back to the twine!
I have seen twine used to create frames on pages and photos, twine and a glue pen used to create title words made completely out of twine and multiple other embellishments made out of twine.

Here are some closeups of the way I have used twine on my layout (my apologies for the dull photos- it is overcast here today):


You can give chipboard alphas some great texture by covering them in strips of twine:
























A cute and cheap embellishment can be made by cutting a scrap paper circle and gluing twine in a spiral too it. Add a button in the centre for added cuteness : )



Give an old embellishment a makeover by covering it in twine. I grabbed an old kaisercraft wooden flower and wrapped lots of twine over it, covering the chipboard. I then added a button to the centre. 


Here is my full layout






Products used:
Authentique patterned paper
My minds eye patterned paper, button and lace
Pink paislee expressions chipboard alphas
Crafters workshop template
Prima flower
Kaisercraft lace, acrylic paints and wooden flower
Charm's creations page runners
Rainbow splendour doily and mini pinwheel
D-lish scraps; twine, washi tape and mini rose
Lil Red rocket twine
Typo bull dog clip
Machine stitching
Beutron button
Vintage doily
3D foam tape
Helmer's scrap dots

TFL
Sarah xo


5 comments:

  1. So beautiful Sarah! SOOOOO love the twine idea! I might use that if you don't mind. I have quite a bit of twine that needs some attn!
    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Sarah this is totally amazing ... I adore this idea ... I have twine too which I very rarely use ... you have inspired me ... thanks so much .. big hugz to you ... love your page ... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is FANTASTIC, Sarah! Love your page and you have inpsired me to use my twine more in creative ways! Wow - sooo cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much ladies for your fabulous comments!
    Adrienne- Of course you can use any of my ideas you like xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is gorgeous!!! LOVE the twine ideas - the alphas especially look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete