Wednesday 16 May 2012

Eternal life Canvas

So have you checked out Show us your stuff recently?
There are some awesome challenges happening over there at the moment.

Here is my example layout for the Group 2 may challenge. Using the try this technique from the uber talented Stacey Young. Pop on over here to check out Stacey's tutorial and give the challenge a go.

While you are there please check out the fun May 1st challenge and the exciting Sophie's corner challenge which is just for junior scrappers!

This is my first ever canvas. It's a tribute to my son Lachlan, who was born, lived briefly and then died in December. The photo is of us holding his little feet. The photo session was arranged for us by a Charity photography organisation called Heartfelt and the amazing volunteer photographer they sent us was Fiona from Lumsdaine photography.

I learnt a couple of things making this canvas which I will be sure to remember on my next canvas.
1) Rub ons do not apply easily to canvas- LOL
2) I think next time I would try and blend the photo more into the background of the canvas, So avoid using embellishments which mean that I have to raise the photo up on 3d foam tape.

Anyway here is my canvas, given the fore mentioned things I am not 100% happy with it. But I'd like to share it with you.































































Products used:
Mont Marte 12x12 Canvas
Tattered angels Glimmer mists
Dusty attic chipboard
Prima flower
Petaloo flowers
Gesso
Guaze bandage
American crafts rub ons
Kaisercraft wooden frame
2 crafty chipboard
And of course lovely lollipops from Charm's Creations.

TFL
Sarah x

9 comments:

  1. that is gorgeous Sarah... and i love that photo.. what a great service that arranged the session so you have some amazing memories to cherish..wow.. big hugs and YAY for doing the canvas....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leanne for your beautiful comment xo

      Delete
  2. Oh Sarah, I had a tear in my eye as I read your post and saw this beautiful creation.
    What a brave woman you are - this is such a precious memento. You have done wonders with it!
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful Sarah :) I would love to see the real thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe. You can see it next time you come over x

      Delete
  4. Oh WOW! what a heart warming creations, so love what you have done with this canvas, you are so so amazing and brave such a beautiful way to keep such a perious memorey {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great post. It makes me inspired. I love the art.

    Thanks for putting up

    ReplyDelete