Friday 13 July 2012

Wonderful ways with washi!

My monthly challenge for July over at Scrapbooking top 50 is all about washi tape. I know lots of you love washi. So I would love to see you pop on over and give the challenge ago. There is a kit from forever always up for grabs as a prize.

So have you jumped on the washi bandwagon? I'd be surprised if any scrapper hadn't heard of washi tape. It is very popular at the moment. Which is no wonder given, the awesome patterns and colours and it's versatility.

I have recently just started my stash. I have 13 rolls.

Now jump on over here to see my challenge. It's all about using your washi in ways other than what you normally would.

There are 3 options.

And those that don't have washi- fear not! As I have some instructions there on how to make your own.

Here is my new example layout; showing; chipboard alphas covered in washi, a washi banner,  old stickers given a new lease on life by covering in washi and some alpha packaging covered in washi used behind my photo.











Here is my old example layout showing how a lot of washi can be used to create background interest on your pages. ( the only piece of patterned paper in this layout is the kraft. The rest is washi)



Products used for Easter Joy. (See here for other layouts product list)

My minds eye pattenered papers
Sassafras stickers (covered in washi)
American crafts alphas
Kaisercraft and Pink paislee chipbaord alphas (covered in paint and then washi) 
Kaisercraft resin blooms and acrylic paint
Manor house creations flowers
Typo bull dog clip
Pink paisle packaging  (covered in washi)
Lil red rocket twine
D-lish scraps washi tapes and doilies
Rainbow splendour felt heart
Greatest view sunburst badge
ScrAp this felt bloom

Have a great weekend everyone 
TFL xo


2 comments:

  1. Being a washi lover...have to say I fully approve, nay LOVE what you've done with the washi...specially the alphas:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lizzy! How addictive is washi!

    ReplyDelete